African Mask Design Lesson - Art Materials
Preparing your art materials
- To begin with you need two similar sized sheets of thick paper or card, one light in tone, the other dark.
- The contrasting tones will be used to create a balance of positive and negative features in the design.
- You will also need a pencil, scissors or craft knife, and some glue.
Arranging your paper
- Fold the light sheet in half down its vertical length and cut along the crease.
- This should give you two equal halves.
- Take one of the light halves and place it over the dark sheet as in our example above, creating one half dark and one half light.
- Arrange these sheets in portrait format.
African Mask Design Lesson