Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics - G, H, I
Hieroglyphics - G, H, I
HIEROGLYPH - G
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "G". They represent the different sounds of the letter.
- The pot stand is used for the hard 'G' sound in words like great and God, and names like Gary and Margaret.
- The cobra is used for the soft 'G' sound in words like gentle, giant and names like George and Gemma.
HIEROGLYPH - H
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "H". The top image is a shelter. The bottom is a wick.
- Either hieroglyph can be used for the "H" sound in words like house and home, and names like Henry and Hazel.
- Choose the one that creates the best design in your word.
HIEROGLYPH - I
- The single reed is used for all "I" sounds in words like image and idea, and names like Ian and Isobel.
The Hieroglyphic Alphabet
Ancient Egyptian Art Menu
- ART LESSONS MENU
- DESIGN LESSONS MENU
- ART APPRECIATION MENU
- ANCIENT EGYPTIAN ART MENU
- Ancient Egyptian Art Home
- Ancient Egyptian Art Lesson
- Ancient Egyptian Gods
- Ancient Egyptian Crowns
- Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- Hieroglyphics Alphabet
- Hieroglyphics - A, B, C
- Hieroglyphics - D, E, F
- Hieroglyphics - G, H, I
- Hieroglyphics - J, K, L
- Hieroglyphics - M, N, O
- Hieroglyphics - P, Q, R
- Hieroglyphics - S, T, U
- Hieroglyphics - V, W, X
- Hieroglyphics - Y, Z, CH
- Hieroglyphics - PH, SH, TH
- Hieroglyphics - Ankh, Scararab, Wedjat
- Hieroglyphics - Pectoral, Cartouche
- Hieroglyphics - Rosetta Stone
- Design an Egyptian Cartouche
- Scroll to the top of the page