African Mask Lesson - Face Markings
- You can decorate the face of your mask by drawing some tattoo designs or scarification marks on the light side of the face.
- These decorative markings are often used on masks to communicate coded information or social status.
- They can also represent magical or religious power.
- Cut out the tattoo or scarification marks, flip them over and place them on the opposite side of the design to create a decorative symmetrical arrangement.
- Symmetrical arrangements of line, shape and form in masks evoke a sense of integrity and dignity.
African Mask Design Lesson